Josh Lappen receives Marshall Scholarship for 2018
The department is happy to announce that Josh Lappen (Classics BA, Civil & Environmental Engineering MS) is the recipient of a 2018 Marshall Scholarship. Josh is headed to Oxford University.
The objectives of the Marshall Scholarships are:
- To enable intellectually distinguished young Americans, their country's future leaders, to study in the UK.
- To help scholars gain an understanding and appreciation of contemporary Britain.
- To contribute to the advancement of knowledge in science, technology, the humanities and social sciences and the creative arts at Britain's centres of academic excellence.
- To motivate scholars to act as ambassadors from America to the UK and vice versa throughout their lives thus strengthening British American understanding.
- To promote the personal and academic fulfilment of each scholar.
This is the list of all of the 2018 recipients.